News and Announcements
Updated 10/1/18: Superlights will scrimmage Tuesday, 10/1 at 5:30pm at Herscher. Herscher Youth Football field is on the corner of S. Park Rd and Jeanette Street.
• What a fun and busy Lions weekend! We hosted a fun homecoming parade Friday evening and the homecoming festivities continued into Saturday. Congratulations to our Superlights who won Saturday and finished the season undefeated! Congratulations to all of our Homecoming Kings, Queens, Princes, and Princesses!
• Congratulations to our 8th graders who were honored with their parents on Saturday. We thank you for choosing the Lions, and being a part of our family.
• Football practice continues this week Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 5 – 7pm.
• Lightweights will be scrimmaging Herscher Thursday evening in Herscher from 5:30 – 7:30pm.
• Cheer competition practice is as follows:
o Dynamites: Mon, Thurs, Fri 5-6pm at Bradley West
o Superlights: Mon, Thurs, Fri 5-7pm at Bradley West & Tuesday 5-6:30pm at Bradley East
o Lightweights: Mon, Thurs, Fri 5-7pm at Bradley East & Tuesday 6-7:30pm at Bradley East
o JV: Mon, Thurs, Fri 6-8pm at Bradley West & Tuesday 6:30-8pm at Bradley East
o Varsity: Mon, Thurs, Fri 6-8pm at Bradley East & Tuesday 5-6:30 at Bradley East
• Next week, 10/6, is Round 1 of the Playoffs which will be hosted by Steger. Congratulations to our Superlights & Lightweights who have received a bye. Game time for JV & Varsity will be announced Tuesday evening.
• Sunday, 10/7 is cheer competition hosted by Monee. We wish all of our cheer squads the best of luck this week!
• Save the Date: Wednesday, 10/10 will be a fundraiser at Taco John’s on Kennedy Drive. 50% of purchases made will go to the Lions!
• We had a gorgeous Saturday at Steger, and all our Lions teams won! Great performance by all cheer squads as well!
• Please drop off your bag of candy for the homecoming parade to the concession stand this week!
• Practice continues this week Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 5pm – 7pm.
• The homecoming parade will be Friday at 5:30pm. Lineup is at 5:15 on South Forest Avenue (1 block East of Kennedy Drive). The parade will travel down Broadway and end at the Lions field. Pick up your child there after the parade. BBCHS, Bishop McNamara, and Kankakee High School are all celebrating their homecoming this weekend as well, so we invite you to cheer on your favorite high school team in their homecoming game after the parade!
• We will be hosting Monee on Saturday, 9/29 for the final regular season game of the season, as well as celebrating Homecoming & 8th grade day!
• Homecoming king, queen, prince, and princess will be announced at halftime of the Lightweight, JV, and Varsity games.
• 8th grade football players & cheerleaders will be honored prior to the Varsity game.
• Wednesday, 9/26 is the Paint Night Fundraiser at Brickstone led by local artist Andrew Palmer from 6 – 9pm. Cost is $30 and we will be painting two wooden pumpkins with proceeds going back to the Lions. Please RSVP if you haven’t yet by commenting below. Thanks!
- It was a hot September weekend, and our Superlights & JV came away with victories on Saturday at Morris!
- This week practice will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 5pm – 7pm. *Note the change in time for practice as it is getting dark earlier.
- Next Saturday, 9/22 the Lions travel to Steger. Dynamites begin at 11am. Superlights kickoff at 12pm, with Lightweights & JV to follow. (No Varsity game) *Please note the change in times from the original schedule.
- Wednesday, 9/26 will be the Paint Night Fundraiser at Brickstone at 6pm featuring local artist Andrew Palmer. We will be painting wooden pumpkins and the cost is $30. Comment below or message the page to sign up.
- Save the date: Homecoming & 8th Grade Day will be Saturday, 9/29. More details to come.
Saturday night we held our Lions Night Out Fundraiser. We truly have some amazing and generous businesses and people in our area and their generosity leads to successful nights like Saturday night, and helps our organization have continued success.
This will be long…but that’s a good thing! Thank you to all who came, we hope you had as much fun as we did! Please read through and support the businesses that support the Bradley Lions! Thank them for supporting us!
Brickstone Brewery & Restaurant
Commercial Glazing Inc.
Jeremy & Amy Jeck in Memory of Joe Power
M & M Sheetmetal – Jim Hults
Bradley Lions Boosters
Busse & Rieck
Roxanne Castro – Creative Styles
Dress Well Boutique
Foxy Chic Creations – Monica Uribe
Gracie Pie Apothecary
Little Me Studio
Livin’ the Dream Barbershop
Main Street Diner
Norwex – Aimee Ponton
Oliver’s Bar & Grill
Poor Boy Restaurant
Rebecca Graham Photography
Status for Men
Teresa Cailteux – Mary Kay
The Spot on Broadway
Tri-Star Martial Arts
Thank you to the committee that worked hard to make the event happen, and everyone that volunteered the night of the event!
Special thanks to Amy Jeck who works hard every year to make sure all of the baskets look amazing!
Thank you to Brookmont Bowling Center for hosting our event, and to DJ Alexander Mondy for continues to do a great job as DJ & MC for our events!
Thank you to all of our football & cheer families for contributing towards your squad level baskets!
On Saturday, the Lions traveled to Channahon to take on St Ann’s Golden Eagles. Lightweights & JV won, while Varsity had a tough one point loss.
Week 5 continues tonight as the Superlights play Monee at 6pm tonight at home.
Practice this week is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 5:30 – 7:30pm.
Week 6 games are at Morris on Saturday. Dynamites will play at 9am, Superlights at 10am, with LW, JV, and Varsity following.
We had a successful & fun Lions Night Out Fundraiser on Saturday night! Thank you to those who came!