News and Announcements
• On Saturday, both JV & Varsity were defeated by IJP. On Sunday, Dynamites played great, and our Superlights won 13-0 over Morris. Lightweights will finish week 3 on Wednesday @ Steger at 6pm. Great job by all cheerleaders and thank you to those who volunteered in any way as we finished up our 3rd straight homestand.
• Schedule this week: (Since pictures are Tuesday evening, the Tuesday practice is moved to Friday evening as follows)
- Monday: Practice 5:30 – 7:30pm
- Tuesday: Pictures @ Bradley West gym
- Dynamites & Superlights 5:30pm
- Lightweights 6pm
- JV 6:30pm
- Varsity 7pm
- Wednesday: Dynamites & Lightweights game @ Steger 6pm for both
- Thursday: Practice 5:30 – 7:30pm
- Friday: Practice 5 – 6:30pm
• Reminder: Please turn in your $5 – $10 donation Monday night at practice for the fundraiser! We are not asking your children to sell any cookie dough or candles or anything else, so please contribute to this fundraiser!
• Week 4: The Lions travel to Monee to take on the Mavericks. Superlights start the day at 10am, with all other levels to follow.
• The Annual Lions Night Out Fundraiser will be Saturday, September 8th from 6:30 – 9:30pm at Brookmont Bowling Center in Kankakee. This is a fun night featuring DJ Alexander Mondy. Tickets are on sale now from any coach or board member! They are only $10 and include food, beer, pop, water, auctions, raffles & DJ! Donations from local businesses are rolling in and we are excited for this fun night out to raise money for our youth football & cheer program!
• We will once again be holding a Paint Night fundraiser! It will be hosted by Brickstone on Wednesday, September 26th at 6pm and will be featuring local artist Andrew Palmer. Cost is $30. Please sign up in advance with Nicole McCarty, Jodie Giannakopoulos, comment below, or message the page. Thanks!
Tuesday, August 28th @ Bradley West gym (football players – wear tennis shoes, NOT spikes)
Times are for football & cheer:
Dynamites & Superlights – 5:30pm
Lightweights – 6:00pm
JV – 6:30pm
Varsity – 7:00pm
We will once again be holding a Paint Night fundraiser! It will be hosted by Brickstone on Wednesday, September 26th at 6pm and will be featuring local artist Andrew Palmer. Cost is $30. Please sign up in advance with Nicole McCarty, Jodie Giannakopoulos, send a message to the facebook page, or message this page. Thanks!
Updated 8/21: Scrimmage Wednesday, 8/22, is cancelled.
Update #2 8/21: Game times for Sunday, 8/26 are Dynamites 10am & Superlights 11am
• We had a hot and sunny Saturday for Lions football vs Morris. All of our Lions teams won, and cheerleaders were great! For those wondering, the Morris player injured during the JV game is doing well! Also, best wishes to the Morris Lightweight coach leaving for the Air Force.
• This week practice is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 5:30 – 7:30pm. Also, there is a home scrimmage Wednesday evening at 5:30 vs Danville. (Cheer is off Wednesday)
• Week 3 games are as follows:
o Saturday, 8/25: JV & Varsity Home vs IJP – JV game will begin at 10am with Varsity to follow
o Sunday, 8/26: Dynamite & Superlights Home vs Morris – Dynamite game will begin at 10am with Superlights at 11am
o Wednesday, 8/29: Dynamites & Lightweights @ Steger – Both levels will play at 6pm
• Save the Date #1: Pictures will be Tuesday, 8/28 at Bradley West, times TBA.
• Save the Date #2: The Annual Lions Night Out Fundraiser will be Saturday, September 8th at Brookmont Bowling Center in Kankakee. This is always a fun night and allows us to stay up to date with equipment. Notes went home with all players & cheer after yesterdays games.
• Update 8/13: Tuesday nights football practice will be a scrimmage vs Bourbonnais. SL & LW will scrimmage at Bourbonnais. JV & Varsity will scrimmage at home.
- It was a sunny Saturday as the Lions opened the season at home against the Steger Storm. Great wins by our football teams & great performance by all levels of cheer! Thanks to those who volunteered to help the day go smoothly!
• Practice this week moves to 3 nights/week – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 5:30pm – 7:30pm.
• Saturday, August 18th, we will host the Morris Chiefs. Dynamites kickoff at 9am, followed by Superlights at 10am. Each level will begin after the previous game is complete. We will again need volunteers for concessions, grill, chains, and split the pot so please volunteer if you can!