News and Announcements
A few reminders:
1) We invite all parents to attend parent preview night tomorrow night at 7:15. Players & cheer will be introduced.
2) We need volunteers for Saturday! We need help with chains, concessions, split the pot, and grilling. If you are able to help out please sign up at the concession stand during practice or leave a comment here. All volunteers must have tennis shoes and sleeved shirts (no tank tops).
3) No coolers at the field please. Tents are allowed outside the fence only. No dogs at the field when children are present.
4) Birth certificates must be submitted by tomorrow if you have not turned yours in yet.
Thanks, and Go Lions!
• Update 8/8: Friday, 8/10 we will host a parent preview night at the end of practice around 7pm. Players & cheer will be introduced. We invite all parents to attend!
- Week 2 continues this week with practice Monday – Friday 5:30 – 7:30pm. The heat will continue throughout the week, so please make sure your children are hydrating throughout the day starting in the morning! Also, with the possibility of rain in the forecast, just a reminder that we do practice in the rain! If there are any changes due to storms or lightning, updates will be posted here and texted out as soon as a decision is made.
• Next Saturday, 8/11, we gear up for our 1st game of the season! We will be hosting the Steger Storm. Dynamites will start the day at 9am. Superlights will play at 10am, followed by Lightweights, JV, & Varsity.
• We need volunteers! Please sign up to work the concession stand to earn back your volunteer fees.
• There have been updates to the season schedule – check them out on the website!
1) Practice begins tonight 5:30pm – 7:30pm, and will continue through Friday.
Cheer should wear athletic/comfortable shorts/t-shirts to practice with tennis shoes.
Football players should wear athletic style shorts/t-shirts, w/the yellow practice jersey, football cleats & helmet w/mouth piece.
2) Our first game is right around the corner, we will be hosting Steger Storm on Saturday, 8/11.
1) Thank you to the Kankakee County Chamber of Commerce for hosting Friday Night Lights Fest and inviting the Lions to participate! It was a great event and we all had a lot of fun!
2) If you missed football equipment hand outs or cheer uniform fitting, next Saturday, 7/28, from 10am – 12pm we will be at the field for you to get your equipment and uniforms.
3) Still interested in signing up for football or cheer or know someone who is? We have spots available – come to the field next Saturday, 7/28 from 10am – 12pm and sign up!
4) Practice begins Monday, 7/30 from 5:30 – 7:30pm, and will be Monday – Friday the 1st 2 weeks as we prep for our first game on 8/11 when we will host the Steger Storm!
5) Would you like the weekly announcements emailed to you? Click “Join Team”
Thanks, & enjoy your week! Go Lions!
- update – 7/19/18: the Lions time slot has been moved to 6:30-6:55 pm on Friday.
The 2018 season is right around the corner, and we have a lot going on in the coming weeks!
1) The Lions will be participating in the Friday Night Lights Festival at Brickstone Brewery (572 Brewery Lane) on Friday, 7/20 from 4-8pm. Our time slot is 6:00 – 6:25. Lions kids participating get free admission. Parents and others are subject to the $2.00 admission fee.
2) Football equipment pickup will be Saturday, July 21st.
9am – 10:30am: Dynamites & Superlights
10:30am – 12pm: Lightweights
12pm – 2pm: JV & Varsity
If your football players is attending Friday Night Lights, you can come to the field to pick up their equipment on Tuesday, 7/17 from 6-7:30pm.
3) Cheer uniform fittings will be on Wednesday, 7/18 from 6-8pm
4) Plan now to shop at Dick’s for all your sports equipment needs on July 21st or July 22nd for a 20% discount throughout the store. The flyer will be posted this week.
5) If you are interested in coaching football or know someone who is, let us know! Either send a message to this page, or visit the field next Saturday, 7/21 between 9am-2pm.
6) Practice begins for football & cheer on Monday, 7/30 from 5:30 – 7:30pm.