News and Announcements
Updated 8/21: Scrimmage Wednesday, 8/22, is cancelled.
Update #2 8/21: Game times for Sunday, 8/26 are Dynamites 10am & Superlights 11am
• We had a hot and sunny Saturday for Lions football vs Morris. All of our Lions teams won, and cheerleaders were great! For those wondering, the Morris player injured during the JV game is doing well! Also, best wishes to the Morris Lightweight coach leaving for the Air Force.
• This week practice is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 5:30 – 7:30pm. Also, there is a home scrimmage Wednesday evening at 5:30 vs Danville. (Cheer is off Wednesday)
• Week 3 games are as follows:
o Saturday, 8/25: JV & Varsity Home vs IJP – JV game will begin at 10am with Varsity to follow
o Sunday, 8/26: Dynamite & Superlights Home vs Morris – Dynamite game will begin at 10am with Superlights at 11am
o Wednesday, 8/29: Dynamites & Lightweights @ Steger – Both levels will play at 6pm
• Save the Date #1: Pictures will be Tuesday, 8/28 at Bradley West, times TBA.
• Save the Date #2: The Annual Lions Night Out Fundraiser will be Saturday, September 8th at Brookmont Bowling Center in Kankakee. This is always a fun night and allows us to stay up to date with equipment. Notes went home with all players & cheer after yesterdays games.
• Update 8/13: Tuesday nights football practice will be a scrimmage vs Bourbonnais. SL & LW will scrimmage at Bourbonnais. JV & Varsity will scrimmage at home.
- It was a sunny Saturday as the Lions opened the season at home against the Steger Storm. Great wins by our football teams & great performance by all levels of cheer! Thanks to those who volunteered to help the day go smoothly!
• Practice this week moves to 3 nights/week – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 5:30pm – 7:30pm.
• Saturday, August 18th, we will host the Morris Chiefs. Dynamites kickoff at 9am, followed by Superlights at 10am. Each level will begin after the previous game is complete. We will again need volunteers for concessions, grill, chains, and split the pot so please volunteer if you can!
A few reminders:
1) We invite all parents to attend parent preview night tomorrow night at 7:15. Players & cheer will be introduced.
2) We need volunteers for Saturday! We need help with chains, concessions, split the pot, and grilling. If you are able to help out please sign up at the concession stand during practice or leave a comment here. All volunteers must have tennis shoes and sleeved shirts (no tank tops).
3) No coolers at the field please. Tents are allowed outside the fence only. No dogs at the field when children are present.
4) Birth certificates must be submitted by tomorrow if you have not turned yours in yet.
Thanks, and Go Lions!
• Update 8/8: Friday, 8/10 we will host a parent preview night at the end of practice around 7pm. Players & cheer will be introduced. We invite all parents to attend!
- Week 2 continues this week with practice Monday – Friday 5:30 – 7:30pm. The heat will continue throughout the week, so please make sure your children are hydrating throughout the day starting in the morning! Also, with the possibility of rain in the forecast, just a reminder that we do practice in the rain! If there are any changes due to storms or lightning, updates will be posted here and texted out as soon as a decision is made.
• Next Saturday, 8/11, we gear up for our 1st game of the season! We will be hosting the Steger Storm. Dynamites will start the day at 9am. Superlights will play at 10am, followed by Lightweights, JV, & Varsity.
• We need volunteers! Please sign up to work the concession stand to earn back your volunteer fees.
• There have been updates to the season schedule – check them out on the website!
1) Practice begins tonight 5:30pm – 7:30pm, and will continue through Friday.
Cheer should wear athletic/comfortable shorts/t-shirts to practice with tennis shoes.
Football players should wear athletic style shorts/t-shirts, w/the yellow practice jersey, football cleats & helmet w/mouth piece.
2) Our first game is right around the corner, we will be hosting Steger Storm on Saturday, 8/11.