News and Announcements
We hope all of our Lions families & friends are having a great summer! We have a few announcements to share:
1) Football equipment pickup will be Saturday, July 13th
9am – 11am: Dynamites, Superlights & Lightweights
11am – 1pm: JV & Varsity
2) Plan now to shop at Dick’s for all your sports equipment needs on July 13th or 14th for a 20% discount throughout the store.
3) The Lions will be participating in the Friday Night Lights Festival at Brickstone Brewery (572 Brewery Lane) on Friday, 7/19. Lions kids participating get free admission. Parents and others are subject to the $2.00 admission fee. More details to come.
4) Practice begins for football & cheer on Monday, 7/22 from 5:30 – 7:30pm. Week 1 practice will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
It is with great sadness that we share the news of the loss of Dave Brattin. Dave has been a big part of the Lions organization since the mid 90s as a Coach, Board Member, and mentor; and volunteered countless hours wherever needed. We will miss him on the field this year.
Visitation is tonight, 7/5 at Clancy Gernon in Kankakee at 3pm until the 6pm memorial service.
We will be hosting our annual Football & Cheer Camps as follows:
- Saturday, May 11th from 10am – 12pm
- Saturday, June 22nd from 10am – 12pm
Camp is FREE and open to all area kids entering K – 8th grade in Fall 2019.
2019 Registration Info:
*Bradley Lions Junior Football is a youth football & cheer organization open to all area children that will be entering Kindergarten thru 8th grade in the Fall 2019
Our next sign up date is Saturday, June 22nd from 9:30a – 12p.
*Registration for returning players/cheer and new Dynamites will be held on:
Friday, March 8th from 5p – 7p
Saturday, March 9th from 9a – 1p
*Registration for new or returning players/cheer will be held on:
Friday, March 15th from 5p – 7p
Saturday, March 16th from 9a – 1p
Saturday, April 11th from 9a – 1p
*Registration is at the Lions field on South Washington in Bradley.
*If you are a first year player or cheer, please bring a copy of your birth certificate.
*Please bring your child with you to registration.
*Registration fees are as follows:
*Dynamite Cheer $50 + $25 Volunteer Fee
*Superlights – Varsity Cheer $125 + $25 Volunteer Fee
*Dynamite Football $80 + $25 Volunteer Fee
*Superlight – Varsity Football $150 + $25 Volunteer Fee
*Family Max – $375 Registration + $25 Volunteer Fee
Cash or Credit/debit cards will be accepted (No checks)